Helicopter Pilot - Q4 2023
RLC hires and trains the safest Pilots to transport our customers throughout the Gulf of Mexico and the central coastal area of California. We are looking for good people… that just happen to be Helicopter Pilots, to join our Cadre of VFR Captains with rapid advancement into our S76 IFR Program.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following.
- Maintain detailed flight service orders that are required daily for billing and maintenance purposes.
- Plan flights, following government and company regulations.
- Preflight, operate and shutdown helicopter in accordance with the Manufacturer’s RFM and RLC Operations Manual.
- Transport passengers and cargo to multiple destinations offshore.
- Write specified information in flight record.
- Brief passengers on emergency procedures, safety features of the aircraft and ensure passengers are properly equipped with PPE and belted.
- Report any problems with aircraft to maintenance by use of an aircraft logbook.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills and adaptability to changing customer requests.
- Neat in appearance.
- Amiable personality.
- Good housekeeping skills for shared housing. You will have a private room at onshore bases.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1000 Hours Pic Helicopter and an Instrument Helicopter Rating.
- BH 206, BH 407 or other turbine experience preferred.
- Part 135 Experience preferred.
- Experience flying in an environment like the Gulf of Mexico Oil and Gas Industry is preferred.
- 25 hours of Night cross country in any type aircraft.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft-Helicopter Certificate from the FAA and a Class II Medical.
- Maintain a valid Driver's License and have a good driving record.
- Must be able to work a 14/14 schedule with periodic unscheduled changes in work location.
- Flight Safety Record evaluation.
- MUST have an amiable personality on and off duty.
Starting pay is $75,000 to $79,000, depending on experience for our VFR Captains plus per diem and travel reimbursement. Base pay, Bonuses and Per Diem total over $100,000 for VFR Captains.